Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Writer's Muse

I have been recently reading a very awesome and inspiring blog at http://apromptaday.blogspot.com/. The title says, "A Prompt a Day Keeps the Block Away" which all in all is very clever and amusing.

Even though I already have a fiction writing prompt blog of my own, this blog is going to be different.
On A Prompt A Day, the writer would give a Prompt, it's Source, and then her Response, with a few notes at the end.

By reading her blog, I have found various ways of using prompts, and no matter how mundane or stupid or even unhelpful the prompts may seem, they can prove to bring out amazing pieces of fiction.

And now I will prove that. I will go around the internet looking for prompts and the like, and I will write down my own responses, and we'll see just how creative and imaginative I can get with even the most boring or unhelpful seeming prompts.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment